What are the benefits of joining Fight Crime: Invest in Kids?
By joining together thousands of law enforcement leaders around the country, and providing you with full time research and policy staff on crime prevention issues, Fight Crime: Invest in Kids ensures your voice and perspective will be heard on issues that are important to you. Fight Crime: Invest in Kids members gain positive press through publication of op-eds and letters to the editors, as well as through speaking at press events that can make a difference in their communities. Many Fight Crime: Invest in Kids members testify on Capitol Hill or in the State Legislature or meet with their lawmakers in Washington, DC or in their respective state to discuss crime prevention programs important to our members.
How does staff provide support to our members?
- Drafting op-eds and letters-to-the-editor on your behalf for you to submit to your local paper;
- Drafting letters to policymakers that you and other law enforcement leaders can sign onto, alerting you to timely opportunities to call policymakers
- Arranging opportunities to testify and meetings with state legislators, Members of Congress, and other key decision-makers for you to voice your concerns; and
- Coordinating press events for you to speak out on crime prevention issues important to law enforcement leaders and your communities.
- Fight Crime: Invest in Kids’ staff is here to assist you in adding your voice to the debate.
How much does it cost to be a member?
Is Fight Crime: Invest in Kids politically partisan?
Does Fight Crime: Invest in Kids run programs for kids?
Where does Fight Crime: Invest in Kids get their funding?
What law enforcement and survivor groups does Fight Crime: Invest in Kids work with?
What is the time commitment?
Why is your membership restricted to law enforcement executives and violent crime survivors?
Chief of Police (Ret.) Ignacio “Joe” Pena,
Channahon, Ill. Police Department